Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Love Machine, Arctic Monkeys (cover)

And maybe someday we’ll have been friends forever and it will be enough and the length of time will make our friendship self sufficient like one of those new hdb estates that slowly becomes it’s own new town and it’s just enough.

Today was a bit of a terrible day. Even scrubs and Becker were sad. And grey’s just well mostly it made you want to just top yourself. I have this book. It’s called today was a terrible day. One of those kids books that is like 4 pages long but has in recent years become incredibly expensive you know. I don’t get it I mean the writing’s not great, the illustrations are so so in most of these things and they’re for like two year olds who are going to eat them anyway so what are you paying for really.

Somehow, for reasons I still don’t understand, all these Alexis Strum songs have popped up on my playlist so it’s been an uninspiring lot.

When I blog I type in tiny font and honestly it’s because the smaller it is, the more difficult to read, the smaller the readership and thus the more honest the writing. Or at least that’s what I tell myself. But mostly it’s a lie.

Do you ever feel like your words are trapped in the segment of your fingers that’s right before your fingertips and if you ramble on for long enough material will eventually flow. That reminds me of that movie, you know the one about the famous writer who is training this kid to be a writer and he got him to just keep copying a book till finally the motion became so unconscious that the literature just kind of flowed out of him. Perhaps all literature is in us just dying to get out suppressed by our consciousness.

And maybe one day the length of our friendship will be enough and I’ll stop counting down to our dateline.

Someday real soon my paranoias are really going to get me into trouble and I’ll just lose everyone and spontaneously combust. Even that’s paranoia. God I just can’t win today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home