Friday, September 02, 2005

Faith.It was a toss up between Auld Lang Syne and Faith like a child. So you understand, the lesser of two evils.

I think that I’m naturally inclined to misery. I think we all are. I have these recurring images of me breaking up with a boyfriend I don’t even have. It’s like I need to miserable. The melodrama makes my life mean something. Maybe. I suppose that at some point we all need to learn that only sad housewives and maids watch daytime TV, and that Soaps are not at the popular height they were at with the bold and the beautiful. Like when _ asked me once why we’re just so damn over-dramatic, after I explained that it’s just a surface thing. Because that implies that inside we’re dead. More drama.

Oh god, I’m starting to sound like_. Bloody …

I remember the family tree _ and I made in sec 1 for the characters from Days of Our Lives. It got too complicated after a while so we gave up: far too much incest.

Like Egdon Heath. With it’s face “full of tragical possibilities”. And Eustacia Vye whose great dream was “ to be loved to madness”. You see, everyone is contrary… Happiness is mildly unsettling.

I truly do not understand how I came to acquire so many bubble gum pop and elevator jazz songs. Truly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home