Monday, September 05, 2005

Everybody hurts (appropriate. I hope you stop.)

I think that we are defined by our needs. Every emotion is related to the degree to which our primal needs are satisfied. Okay, I lied. I am no sociologist. I ripped that off Marslow. Makes sense though. Sometimes we even become defined by our denial of these needs like food, security and sanctuary. In which case, it is these needs that make us human, that reveal our humanity.

On those scary nights when the world seems to close in on you and you feel completely abandoned, it is of course attractive to believe that needing only ever kills you slowly: build up walls and burn all bridges, reject before being rejected.

Yet, if our needs epitomize our humanity, then what a scary alternative this rejection represents. To be the shell of the man you once were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home